Slip and Fall Protocol
- Take pictures: without evidence, any case can become a game of he said, she said. Snap a few quick pictures even if you don’t think you will need to take legal action.
- Get witnesses’ contact information: for a slip and fall case, you must prove that you were paying attention. Witnesses can help attest to the environment and your actions.
- Ask to speak with management: voice your concern and give management a chance to rectify the situation.
- Write down exactly what happened: note where the accident took place, what you were doing, who else was there and what caused the accident. These will be helpful for you attorney if you decide legal action is necessary.
- Consult a physician: immediately consult a physician to assess any medical concerns.
- Contact an attorney: if you feel you have a case, do not hesitate to contact an attorney before signing any paperwork or speaking with the insurance companies.
Legal action is not always necessary, and not all accidents are slip and fall cases. However, remember to protect yourself by gathering as much evidence as possible immediately following an accident and contact an attorney before agreeing to any settlements.