toll free : (800) 900-5373
local : (214) 720-0720
fax : (214) 720-0184
Jody Rodenberg is a partner at Sommerman, McCaffity, Quesada & Geisler. She represents individuals in a wide variety of litigation, including commercial litigation, ERISA litigation, and various personal injury matters. She also represents liquidating trustees attempting to collect and liquidate assets for the benefit of creditors. Jody is a problem solver who is dedicated to giving her clients a voice in the courtroom. Jody has been recognized for work by being named a Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers Under 40 by D Magazine, and Best Lawyers Ones to Watch.
Jody grew up in Gilmer, Texas and attended Texas A&M University. She was awarded the Terry Foundation Scholarship for her academic achievements and demonstrated leadership. She went on to attend law school at Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, where she actively participated in moot court and was a member of the SMU Law Review.
- Commercial Litigation
- Director & Officer Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Employment Litigation
- ERISA Litigation
- State Bar of Texas, admitted November 2011
- United Stated District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Texas A&M University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2007
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Lawyers of Distinction 2020
- D Magazine Best Lawyers Under 40, 2020
- Texas Rising Star, 2017-2023
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Special Recognition Award, 2017
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERS
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Small Business Symposium Committee Co-Chair, 2016
- Continuing Legal Education Committee Co-Chair, 2015-2017
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class, Class of 2013
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow
- Scholarship Selection Committee, 2015
- Dallas Bar Association
- Transition to Law Practice Program Small Group Mentor and Advisor, 2016
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Terry Foundation Scholarship Organization
- Scholarship Selection Committee, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016
- Terry Scholar Alumni Association – DFW Chapter
CLASSES AND SEMINARS
- Moderator, How to Pick a Jury, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (March 2017)
- Moderator, Effective Mediation Strategies, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (October 2016).
- Moderator, Tips for Deposing Uncooperative Witnesses, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (August 2015).
- Sean McCaffity, Jody Rodenberg, Requirements of Pre-Suit Discovery Under Rule 202, Dallas Bar Association HEADNOTES (October 2017).
- Kim Hodgman, Jody Rodenberg & Erin Tyler, Brief for the Respondent, 28 J. MARSHALL J. COMPUTER & INFO. L. 151 (2011).
- Casenote, Freedom of Speech and the “Catch 22” for Public Employees in the Ninth Circuit – Huppert v. City of Pittsburg, 63 SMU L. REV. 259 (2010).