Our Dallas truck wreck attorneys are prepared to stand up and advocate for your best interests after such a wreck. If you have been injured in a truck wreck, it is a smart idea to seek assistance from our experienced Dallas truck wreck attorneys. At Sommerman, McCaffity, Quesada & Geisler, L.L.P., our Dallas truck wreck attorneys represent truck wreck clients throughout Texas injured in accidents caused by negligent truck drivers.
Dallas Truck Wreck Attorneys
Preventing wrecks: While truck drivers are paid to be on the road. it is their first and foremost priority to drive with attentiveness and alertness. When truck drivers are pressured by their employers to exceed their allotted hours for work, shipments and loads, and miles they can drive, drivers become fatigued and overworked, often leading to devastating truck wrecks where others are left to suffer the consequences. Our Dallas truck wreck attorneys want to assist the victims of such wrecks by helping them recover the legal compensation they deserve.
Our truck wreck attorneys in Dallas help victims of negligent drivers of tractor-trailers and trucks, including collisions caused by:
- Tractor-trailer/18-wheeler wrecks: We have represented and tried hundreds of cases involving tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers resulting in truck wreck deaths.
- Truck driver fatigue: Our Dallas truck wreck attorneys have successfully handled and tried cases where truck driver fatigue was the cause of truck wreck deaths.
- Fraudulent log books: When evidence is evaluated after a trucking accident, one of the main pieces of evidence is the log book that the driver is supposed to keep. If the log book has fraudulent information, you may be able to recover more compensation for your claim. Our Dallas truck wreck attorneys are very experienced in handling situations such as these.
- Overloaded trucks: Drivers may try to overload trucks in order to carry more of the shipment and get paid more. Our Dallas truck wreck attorneys have tried many cases where a negligent accident was caused a truck being overloaded and fully understand these claims.
- Speeding: Our Dallas truck wreck attorneys have years of experience handling claims where speeding was the cause of an accident. When truck drivers speed, they put themselves and others at risk, which can lead to serious wrecks. Our Dallas truck wreck attorneys know how to handle these claims.
- Truck driver distractions: Some of the most common distractions result in truck wrecks. Learn how you can benefit from working with our Dallas truck wreck attorneys for your claim for injuries from a wreck involving a distracted truck driver.
Distractions are all too common on the road. Many motorists talk on their phone, send text messages or simply do not pay attention to the road while driving. Some drivers are paid to be on the road, such as a semi-truck driver or 18-wheeler trucker. These drivers can become easily distracted because they are continuously on the road, where they become less alert and aware of their surroundings. If you have been injured in an accident involving a negligent truck driver, our Dallas truck wreck attorneys are prepared to assist you.
Texas Trucking Safety Laws – What Drivers Must Abide By
Truck drivers must follow certain safety rules when preparing their vehicles for the road. Many of these are governed by the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) as well as the Texas DOT. These rules regulate:
- Weight restrictions for trucks
- Number of hours a driver can be on the road
- Hiring processes for drivers
- Restrictions and requirements for Commercial Driver’s Licenses (CDLs)
- Rest breaks for drivers
If an accident occurs because of a safety regulation violation, the company may be required to pay the victim’s medical expenses, lost wages and other expenses. Our Dallas truck wreck attorneys are knowledgeable on the current laws and can guide you through the legal process swiftly and thoughtfully.
At Sommerman, McCaffity, Quesada & Geisler, L.L.P., our Dallas truck wreck attorneys have significant experience handling truck wreck claims and are highly familiar with the trucking rules and regulations. Our Dallas Truck wreck attorneys evaluate claims in a timely manner and create effective strategies for the courtroom.