Andrew B. Sommerman
800-900-5373 (Toll Free)
Andrew Sommerman is an AV-rated attorney specializing in commercial litigation, personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death and product liability cases.
- He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and a member of the State Bar College.
- He is the author of numerous publications on medical malpractice, infectious disease, advocacy, damages, procedure, insurance and defamation.
- Mr. Sommerman is currently an instructor at Texas Wesleyan University and has been an instructor at Southern Methodist University, The South Texas College of Law and the University of Texas at Arlington
- He has resolved many cases involving business disputes.
- He has successfully resolved medical malpractice cases involving improper surgeries, misdiagnosis of cancers, and infectious diseases, including AIDs, hepatitis and sepsis.
- He has prosecuted complex liability cases involving pharmaceuticals, medical devices, defective automobiles and airplanes.
- He has successfully resolved delicate issues of sexual molestation and false arrest involving famous individuals, proving he can handle the glare of media scrutiny.
- People injured by vicious animals, assaults and drugs such as "Fen-Phen" have sought his help.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Texas, 1986
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1986
- Honors: Order of the Barristers, Justice Club
- University of Texas, Arlington, Texas
- B.A. - 1983
- Defamation Law John Marshall School of Law, 1986
- Business Law for Paralegals TCJC
- Moot Court "Do's & Don'ts" South Texas College of Law
- Instructor, Texas Wesleyan University
- Instructor, Southern Methodist University
- Adjunct Professor, South Texas College of Law
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award, Torts
- Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, Ft. Worth
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- State Bar College, Member
- American Undergraduate Moot Court Association, Director