Dog attacks can be painful, dangerous, and traumatic. They can even be deadly. The cost for treatment, especially if you are unable to determine if the dog has been properly vaccinated, is tremendous. Dog owners should be responsible for those costs. If you have been attacked by a dog and seriously injured, you need an attorney to help you recover the costs. At Sommerman, McCaffity, Quesada & Geisler, L.L.P. we are ready to assist you.
If you have been bitten by a dog, you most likely are in pain and experiencing concern and fear. Although you may feel emotional, it is important that you act quickly. Take these steps before you call a dog bite attorney:
- Stay calm.
- Contact the dog’s owner to get vaccination information. Ideally, get the name of the dog’s veterinarian.
- Get medical help if necessary.
- Get homeowner insurance and contact information from the dog owner.
- Gather contact information from witnesses.
- Inform the local authorities of the situation.
Contact Your Attorney
Remember that anything you say can be used against you if the case is taken to court. As soon as you have completed these steps, contact a dog bite attorney for further advice. You’ll need the assistance of a qualified attorney to assist you in recovering your damages.
Call Sommerman, McCaffity, Quesada & Geisler, L.L.P. at 214-720-0720 for more information about the services of a dog bite attorney.