New Mexico Truck Wrecks
Truck drivers are paid to be on the road, which gives them incentive to drive long hours. A truck driver’s first and foremost priority should be to drive with attentiveness and alertness, but employers often push drivers to exceed allotted work hours, shipments, loads, and miles driven. As a result, drivers may become fatigued and overworked. Our practice is specifically dedicated to helping victims of negligent trucking accidents involving:
- Truck safety: Our experience handling cases where the New Mexico laws and regulations, and federal laws and regulations, were not followed allows us to prepare thorough evaluations and pursue your recovery.
- Tractor-trailer/18-wheeler wrecks: We have tried and settled hundreds of injury cases involving tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers across the country.
- Truck driver fatigue: Truck driver fatigue is a common cause of wrecks that puts other drivers on the road in harm’s way.
- Fraudulent log books: The driver’s log book is a main piece of evidence in a truck wreck. It tracks driving time, shipment weights, and other information that could be important to your case. Log book violations and fraudulent driving records can prove negligence or intentional wrongdoing.
- Overloaded trucks: If drivers carry more in a shipment, they get paid more. They may try to overload trucks or be encouraged to do so by their employer in order to increase volumes. We have tried and settled many cases where overloaded trucks caused catastrophic accident injuries.
- Speeding: We regularly handle claims where speeding was the cause of an accident. High speeds greatly increase the impact force of trucks, putting drivers and others at serious risk. Speeding may be the result of drivers under time pressure in a hurry to deliver and pick up more shipments.
- Truck driver distractions: Distracted truck drivers are dangerous on the road. We work throughout New Mexico representing those killed or hurt by distracted drivers.
Driver fatigue and overloaded trucks are safety concerns because they can cause some of the most devastating wrecks on the road. The overwhelming size and weight of tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers usually leaves others involved in wrecks to suffer the consequences of serious and sometimes fatal truck wrecks.
If you have been injured or have suffered losses in a New Mexico truck wreck, the assistance of an experienced New Mexico truck wreck lawyer is crucial.
At Sommerman & Quesada, L.L.P., we are prepared to act and advocate for your best interests and compensation for damages suffered. We are a distinguished and established Dallas-based law firm. Our attorneys regularly work for those injured or killed in New Mexico. We understand that every claim is unique, which is why we custom-tailor our services, fully inform our clients through every step of the legal process, and encourage you to contact us as soon as possible. Immediate action to preserve and gather evidence, obtain witness statements, and reconstruct the scene is critical.
Contact Our New Mexico Truck Wreck Lawyer
Please contact Sommerman & Quesada at 214-720-0720 or toll free at 800-900-5373. We offer free initial consultations and can be reached 24/7 with our after-hours answering service. We look forward to speaking with you. Se habla español.