Steps After A Car Accident
It can be easy to overlook certain things after a serious car wreck. You are trying to focus on safety and the medical treatment that you and your family may need — not on the paperwork that needs to be completed. When faced with the reality of needing to file an accident claim, you can make this process as swift as possible by speaking with a lawyer. The lawyers at Sommerman & Quesada, L.L.P., can assist you with all your car wreck or auto accident needs. Our law firm is located in Dallas, and we represent clients throughout Texas and New Mexico. With more than 85 years of combined experience, our firm has a distinguished reputation. Our lawyers are known for their knowledge of the law, experience in the courtroom, integrity and assertiveness. We pledge commitment to each and every one of our clients, and we are ready to provide the individualized legal services you need after a serious car accident.
Car Accidents in Texas: What to Do
After a car accident, follow these steps:
- Exchange information with the other driver: Make certain you get their contact information, as well as the information of their insurance company.
- Identify witnesses: You may need to call upon witnesses later to support your claim. Make certain you get their information at the accident scene, if possible.
- Take photos: Whether the photos are taken with your camera or phone, it is a smart idea to have visual documentation of the accident scene.
- Call 911: Even if the injures from the accident are minor, you should always call medical and law enforcement officials.
- Get to a doctor: See your family doctor to ensure that your injuries are properly diagnosed immediately after the accident.
- Call an attorney: Seek legal representation right away. An attorney will make sure that your rights are protected at all times.
Car Accidents in Texas: What Not to Do
After a car accident, make certain you avoid the following:
- Do not give statements to the insurance company: An adjuster’s job is to make certain that you accept a settlement that is less than what you are entitled to. When speaking with an adjuster, they may try to persuade you into making certain statements, which can be recorded.
- Do not delay getting seen by a doctor: While you may not feel like you are severely injured after a car accident, car wreck injuries can show up a few days after the accident. By seeing a doctor, you can ensure that your injuries are properly addressed.
Contact Our Texas Car Accident Attorneys
Interested in scheduling a free initial consultation? Please contact our firm online or by calling 214-720-0720 or 800-900-5373. Se habla español.